Word Waves at The Depot
Word Waves is a collaborative public arts literature project kicking off in September with a Pen-A-Poem word game through local merchants, and continuing through the beginning of November with poetry readings and displays and a poetry-based public art project.
- Oct 5-Nov 11: Poets & Artists Collaborate at Anchor Art Space
- Sept – Oct 27: Pen-A-Poem contest through local Anacortes merchants
- Nov 2nd: Poetry & Art unveiling at first Friday Gallery Art Walk
- Nov 4th: Regional Poets reading at Anchor Art Space
- Nov 8 & 9: Washington Poet Laureate, Kathleen Flenniken, working with students in the Anacortes schools
- Nov 8: An Evening of Poetry with Kathleen Flenniken (and other regional poets) at the Anacortes Library
- Nov: Port of Anacortes Cap Sante Marina public installation of regional poetry works
- Nov: City of Anacortes at Washington Park – public installation of regional poetry works.
Word Waves partners include Anacortes Arts Festival, Anacortes Parks & Recreation, Port of Anacortes, Anacortes Arts Commission, Anacortes Chamber of Commerce, Anacortes Public Library, Anacortes School District, Anchor Art Space… and local poets, merchants, publications & organizations. It is funded through the annual Art Dash.
Word Waves Pen-A-Poem Contest Form